Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is their really any difference between Chevy and GMC other then the name plate and a few cosmetic changes?

·
Registered
812 Posts

More Chevy dealers to do warranty work, tried to take my GMC to a Chevy dealer while I was out of town and they would not fix problem. Did give good directions to GMC shop. Better looking grill IMO...on the GMC. Edited by: aketay

·
Registered
362 Posts
aketay, are those factory head lights? They kinda look like Denali lights or something but maybe it is just the angle of the pic. I don't have my 03 here to compare. Don't remember mine looking like that!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Inside and under the hood it is the same truck.

It is the outside that sets the two apart.

I love the way the GMC looks. From the factory the Chevy is ok....really nice after guys add to it....like new grills, lift, and matching paint on the bumper.

I love the way the GMC looks.....I have always had a eye for them even when I was driving my Ford around.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
My baby!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
See how Nowake's and aketay's headlights look different? Is the angle of the pics? Or are aketay's a Denali style?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Same truck, same manufacture - minor cosmetic differences.

However back in the old days when I was a kid we used to say, "a GMC is a Chevy with lock-washers".

·
Registered
549 Posts
From trying to find my new truck there are only a few things I could find that were different:

-front end

-molding on doors (I couldnt stand the Chevy molding)

-tail lights

Other than that I couldnt find anything. GMC dealers are fewer, but I have one close to my house.

·
Registered
812 Posts
03GMC2500HD said:
aketay, are those factory head lights? They kinda look like Denali lights or something but maybe it is just the angle of the pic. I don't have my 03 here to compare. Don't remember mine looking like that!

You are correct, Denali stock. Brighter than the originals, wife even approved them.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
WOW!!!!!

Good catch 03GMC2500HD!!!!

I had to look three times!!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
aketay,

How much were the Denali head lights?

·