Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching balance rates since Jan and all are within spec. There are 2 cylinders that are close to -4, but not at. Other times taking the readings these 2 are fine.

I been running a few different Tunes from Guy and the Economy tune from Tony up until mid FEB and started to notice more Diesel knock like to much timing or not enough pilot injection. This was slow change, mileage up and down with both tunes.

Through together another tune and made several changes. Know I want to see if I could reduce some of the knock some more. The knock was the normal 01 running sound. Changed B0722 rows 1 & 2 by 1.5% increase and B0748, 2600 to 3400 rpm changed some of the cells that were less than 1 to .938 overall. This tune runs nice and is relay quiet overall.

This morning 40F in the garage, out side temp about 23F. The wife takes the truck to work, backs out the driveway and drives away. For about 3 seconds that thing clattered away and I could hear it in the house.

Lately on cold starts she runs rough with a slight skip. No smoke and smooths out in a few Minuit's or kick the high idle in and smooths out in about 30 seconds. Other wise the truck seams to run normal.

Is there any other tables that can be used in the Duramax PID to help trouble shot a possible bad injector besides balance rates?

The fuel filters are fine with the gage 3-4 vac and both filters recently changed and with the lift pumps she reads a little over 7psi. No change in the #'s since being replaced.

I'm starting to think theres a few injectors on the way out. -:t

Terry

·
Registered
874 Posts
Mine did the exact same thing yesterday...EXCESSIVE clatter for a short period, then seemed fine...hmm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts