Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reminder to check that injectior wiring!!!:eek: I finally got around to looking at mine yesterday and where it had been rubbing on the mount it was worn clear through the tape and starting in on one of the wires. Rubber hose and taped it.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
any pics for those that do not know what they're looking for?
thanks
Jake

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Thanks Sollly, I will check it out. :)

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
There is a TSB and a new style harness out for this problem , its is # 7 that has given me grief twice , 2nd time I got the new harness , I saw a post here that some dealer patched it , I would insist on the new harness , if it limps and you fool with the harness and it is cured then you know its the problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not seeing it here. The truck was born on April 05. Is is possible GM caught on and put in a fix (Extend the hard plastic cover a little farther, wrap it with electrical tape, and plastic tie it to the support)?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the ones with the problem the wire loom ends right at the aluminum support. All that was between my wires and the support were that cheapo wire covering stuff (cloth type).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
90 Posts
I checked mine the other day and the loom covering the harness goes right to the end of the backet and the taped part of the harness doesn't even touch the bracket. Not sure exactly what date my truck was built but it appears that mine got the fix.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
thanks solly, very helpful.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not seeing it here. The truck was born on April 05. Is is possible GM caught on and put in a fix (Extend the hard plastic cover a little farther, wrap it with electrical tape, and plastic tie it to the support)?
Nope it happend to me at 13,000 limped my truck home for 25 miles on the interstate going 35mph-:t I ask the dealer and he said I was only runing on like 5 cylinders it sounded like a 90hp tractor. Dealer fixed it said there was a bulletin about it so it was done for free with mods and all.:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just checked mine, sure as hell it was rubbin. Not worn into the cloth to bad, just pulled the conduit and re secured with new tye-rap. Thanks to all. Ya gotta love this web site:ro)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just checked mine it was built 06/05 and the hard plastic cover extends about 1 inch past the bracket and it looks fine, I only have 8000 miles though. I am going to do the heater hose thing just to be sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My truck was built March 1, 2005 and my split loom ends early for the bracket, I used a piece of split heater hose to protect the wiring harness and used black wire ties to secure it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
thank you for the reminder, been meaning to check that. Laziness has gotten the better of me again:)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I just checked mine. It was not rubbing through but I put a piece of fuel line between the harnes and the metal and rezip-tied it down.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Are you guys talking about the FICM wiring? If so, been there done that, had that headache.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Just checked mine. Although its an 04.5 mine is really well protected with looming on the wires, tape and a big ole zip tie. No rubbing thus far but I'll keep an eye on it.
thanks again
jake

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I just checked mine. It was not rubbing through but I put a piece of fuel line between the harnes and the metal and rezip-tied it down.
Same here. Thanks for the reminder, Sollly.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I checked mine (FICM wiring harness) today and found that the 1" diameter plastic jacket extends past the metal bracket, so it looks like the General figured this out by the time mine was built (June 2005). Or, the installer was a little more conscientious that day.

I picked up a piece of 1" I.D. heater hose at the auto parts store today to protect that area a little better. I'm somewhat relieved now. Getting ready to go from Calif to Arkansas this month and didn't want to be standed in BFE.

Thanks to all those that pointed this problem out and came up with the "fix"!! TDP Rocks!

:grd:

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up. How do I find my trucks born on date?
Thanks Again.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts