Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The noise I was talking about, I think I have it narrowed down, it sounds like an exhaust leak, and when I crawled under the truck, the DP is HORRIBLY off center, like I can see a gap between the DP and the upper fl;ange, and the clamp is nowhere neat centered, so I am gonna wait till it cools, re-position it, and see if the nboise goes away. There can be NO way this thing runs as fast as it does and only be on 7 cylinders, we have a speed limit sign we checkour vehicles against, my old F250 chipped and downpiped and raised fuel pressure was hitting low 60s, this truck hits 65 and that's with slow shifting. I will post a follow up as to whether or not that cures the "miss" noise.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tightened the DP, that was not the issue, hear some nasty noise from the clutch/throwout bearing area, noise changes when clutch is disengaged and then reenegaed in neutral, noise gets loud that settles, still hearing a noise very similar to an exhaust leak while going through the gears, motor seems out of balance, like one cyclinder not quite right, not very smooth mixed with an exhaust leak. Noticed earlier I was getting some intermittent shudder on takeoff. Pretty sure I will take to the dealer when I get some free time next week.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Maybe your hearing the famous 'tick'

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I have the tick at idle, doesn't bother me, the sound I am pissed about now is more of a chugging noise like an offbeat cylinder, except it seems to pull hard, but feels like an off engine pulling, so I wonder what the possibilities of a cylinder being out of whack, prolly highly unlikely considering the newness, or at least I would hope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts