Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a Edelbrock electric lift pump and will be running a MITUSA Mechanical lift pump. The MITUSA has a check valve in the fuel log if the pump ever fails or you run out of spare belts the stock gear pump will supply fuel. My current electric pump just a has a manual valve, if the pump fails, my plan is run the MITUSA pump and hook the Edelbrock pump to a pressure switch so it will come on to prime the MITUSA( especially after changer filters, now that I have three of them) and once the MITUSA build pressure the Edelbrock will shut off, (so now after all that), I need to replace my manual valve with a check valve, I found a nice Parker one but it requires 5psi to open, is that to much Psi? The MITUSA pulls over 14psi at idel.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Most lower PSI spring loaded check valves will work properly and require minute pressure to open if you just take the spring out.;)

Or you could contact SuperDiesel and see where he gets his.:)

Josh

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Down one end of the Valve there is a snap ring that holding a spacer and a spring in place, i could pull the spring out, but would it stay shut when the electric pump is running?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.