Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using these guys for some time and seem to know there stuff. Anyway check them out.

www.dieselpage.com

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Wow, that's a petty neet site...
Try posting a link from there to here, maybe we can get a good information exchange going...

Ox

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Now, now, Ox!
It's starting to really irritate me, too!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I just started using them. They were the cheapest for Stanadyne diesel fuel additive. They shipped fast.

There other products look good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't think that Jim wants anyone on the diesel page to know the diesel place exists, as the site will not allow you to post a link to a subject on this forum.

Bob

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
It makes about as much sense as a Chevy dealership putting up a giant two-way mirror between them and the ford dealership across the street so that people cannot see the Ford dealership from their lot, yet the folks at the Ford lot can see to the Chevy. Some deal with perceived competition by pretending it doesn't exist. I don't think most guys here or there look at the two site as competition, I don't think Nick does. I wish Jim didn't either. He will too when subscriptions aren't renewed. I really didn't care for this site at first and I voiced it. Instead of being banned or suffering any backlash I was contacted by a Mod who I knew, Mac. after a day of shooting PMs back and forth, he talked me into watching to see how things go. This site has really grown up in just a few months. That made me keep looking here. Now I'm way more active here than I was there. The biggest factor in that is not the improvements here, but the dictatorship over there. Both sites have their strong points. I think as long as things stay the way Jim's made them more people will wonder off, end up here and stay for the party...

Ox

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am I missing something? Don't understand the above posts...I am not allowed to put up other web sites that sell Diesel products? If that is the case I am sorry. I used these guys before and had no problems, though passing them along to my fellow diesel owners for them to look at would not be a problem.

If you guys are just braking balls because you thought it was rival site...apology excepted.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
NoWake200 said:
Am I missing something? Don't understand the above posts...I am not allowed to put up other web sites that sell Diesel products? If that is the case I am sorry. I used these guys before and had no problems, though passing them along to my fellow diesel owners for them to look at would not be a problem.

If you guys are just braking balls because you thought it was rival site...apology excepted.
You did nothing wrong .....

Mac

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Me too!
Ox and I go sit in da corner now - DOH!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I pasted a link on the diesel page refering to the VR tailgate straps answering a question someone asked. The link showed as ********

This is what I refered to when I said Jim did'nt what his members to know diesel place existed. Check the post on the TDP regarding broken cables. http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005625

BobEdited by: Tinbender

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have visited the other site some. I much prefer this forum. I purchased my Dmax to pull the 5er and daily driver. expect a long life. the other site seems to be obsessed with ETA at the track. I find much more usable information at this site

Thanks for a great source of information.

Richard

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Yep tinbender, he's got the word "dieselplace" blocked so it may never be written in a post. I put in an "edited" version telling how to correct the address to get the link and he deleted the entire message. I'm not sure what his reasons are sometimes and can't really agree with some of his methods.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I gather something happened to cause a separation from the "other" forum site causing this site to be born. I am a rookie and out of the loop on this. I appologize if I am out of line here.

This is a good site and full of people that have a passion for the trucks we own and assist each other in the hobbie. Let's keep it that way.

I have been in too many good organizations where the emotions of a few got to the critical mass point and it ruined it for everyone.

Let's just stick to what we enjoy... Talking trucks.

Cordially

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is cool! The last thing I wanted to cross a line.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Tinbender said:
I pasted a link on the diesel page refering to the VR tailgate straps answering a question someone asked. The link showed as ********

This is what I refered to when I said Jim did'nt what his members to know diesel place existed. Check the post on the TDP regarding broken cables. http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=005625

Bob

Tinbender, you are not alone. Several of us have encountered the diesel page's automatic editing.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
That is why I will not pony up the membership fee for the other forum.

I just started reading up on Dmax's when the War started. I joined this forum immediately as the people here tend to be honest and not stuck on themselves.

The other site is too clickish for me. And to tell you the truth, most of them are young enough to be my kids. That alone is irritating to me as I have probably forgot more than they'll learn.

So, I'll just visit and read the info from them and contribute here where the air is always fresh.

No offense to the decent people at the other site, Because I really like to visit but, it only takes a few to sour the atmosphere.

Back on topic I bought a case of additive and a fuel filter from them. Very nice people who will go the extra mile for the customer. I ordered 2 different times through the web and they e-mailed me on Christmas saying that they were going to consolidate my orders and that they would ship right after Christmas. Top notch all the way!
Edited by: DavesDmax

1 - 20 of 21 Posts