Diesel Place banner

Check out this self propelled shipping container I just picked up

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  smdk2500 
#1 ·
It is a 1994 dodge 2500 with a 12 valve cummins. It runs but the trans is bad. I paid $1000 for the engine and my friend paid $500 for the rest. $1500 total for a 1994 shipping crate. I am going to put it in my 1997 3500HD or get a 4x4 2500 suburban with a blown engine and build a cummins suburban with a straight axle in the front. My wife was not happy but I could not pass up what I have been looking for for years.

Reactions: sportsman7
#2 ·

#4 ·
I don't think it would fit. Besides a Lada would be more my style.

Why do mechanics hate Russian cars? Because they need a lada tools to get the job done.

Reactions: DTinNC and DAVe3283
#5 ·
Great find. I have been trying to get ahold of something like this too but I just end up with more useless 6.5 parts.

#7 ·
(y)1K for a complete running 12V is a killer deal. Good luck on the conversion!

#8 ·
Another nice thing about buying the 'crate' is if your plan is to scrap it you can fill the fuel tank with any bad fuel like stuff you may have laying around the garage. That stuff can be just about impossible to get rid of but they don't say anything. I would imagine they are mad when they try to use it in their yard equipment but I'm sure they are used to getting bad fuel and know how to get rid of it.

#9 ·
Also another good thing you can sell off the parts you don't need to recoup some of your investment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.