Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up Yesterday.
2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure
Dealer thought it was cool that I made the truck look like the bike.
I picked her up today in Cape Girardeau Missouri today (light snow flurries)
By the time I made it back to Memphis it had dropped into the 30's. I still put about 20 miles on her. Going back out today. Bright and sunny, but high of only 45

Attachments

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
is that 1200CC's? Holy cow I bet that thing is a freaking ROCKET!
That's cool, congrats on the new toy!!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Sweet ride man, congrats.
I have been drooling over a boxer cup replica for a while now.
Just haven't found the one that is worth breaking the bank over yet..

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big Stu, Keep in touch I might sell mine. We really do not have any sport bike roads in Memphis so my Boxer Cup just sits in the garage. It is an 2005 (last year) It is bone stock and has less than 1,700 hundred miles on her. It is perfect, just as it left the showroom. GrassRoots in Cape Girardeau did the 600 mile service. It has never been out side overnight. I have never even been caught out in the rain so it really has never been dirty. It is awesome, but I just do not need it. There is a pic of it in my garage.

·
Registered
861 Posts
is that one of those on/off road bikes?

Very nice. stay safe out there

·
Registered
732 Posts
SCQTT;1631860; said:
Big Stu, Keep in touch I might sell mine. We really do not have any sport bike roads in Memphis so my Boxer Cup just sits in the garage. It is an 2005 (last year) It is bone stock and has less than 1,700 hundred miles on her. It is perfect, just as it left the showroom. GrassRoots in Cape Girardeau did the 600 mile service. It has never been out side overnight. I have never even been caught out in the rain so it really has never been dirty. It is awesome, but I just do not need it. There is a pic of it in my garage.
Thanks SCQTT, I appreciate it and will definitely keep in touch.
That is the bike I was drooling over. The other model I fell in love was the special edition (Randy Mamola signature edition).
The only thing I am worried about is if I will be comfortable on this type of bike. I am 6'6"..
And, you have a KTM hooligan bike. YOU ARE GOD.. Has, an incredible sport bike, a hooligan bike, and possibly the best touring bike ever all in one garage.
If you are thinking about selling it, definately PM me. That is for sure what I would be looking for. Now I really do have to sell the snowmobile I am not using.

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BigStu128;1635159; said:
Thanks SCQTT, I appreciate it and will definitely keep in touch.
That is the bike I was drooling over. The other model I fell in love was the special edition (Randy Mamola signature edition).
The only thing I am worried about is if I will be comfortable on this type of bike. I am 6'6"..
And, you have a KTM hooligan bike. YOU ARE GOD.. Has, an incredible sport bike, a hooligan bike, and possibly the best touring bike ever all in one garage.
If you are thinking about selling it, definately PM me. That is for sure what I would be looking for. Now I really do have to sell the snowmobile I am not using.

Hi BigStu,

The BCR was the Randy Mamola signature model in 03 & 04. I think what you have pictured here in a 03. In 04 they went to twin spark plugs which make a big difference on the "oilhead" and cured their bad surging problem. I would get a 04 or an 05 BCR for sure. In 03 and 04 ABS was an option, but in 05 it was not. The 05 bikes, the last 1100S BCR made, were red, white and blue and not white blue, but are basically the same bike. I am not certain about being 6'6" on any sportbike, but I can tell you BCR are very tall and are very long compared to Japanese sportbikes. The BCR is too tall for many people which is unusual for a sportbike. The BCR has a longer than standard Showa suspension, they say for ground clearance while racing. ( ?? ) The seat height is about 33.5

Scott

·
Registered
732 Posts
SCQTT;1635860; said:
Hi BigStu,

The BCR was the Randy Mamola signature model in 03 & 04. I think what you have pictured here in a 03. In 04 they went to twin spark plugs which make a big difference on the "oilhead" and cured their bad surging problem. I would get a 04 or an 05 BCR for sure. In 03 and 04 ABS was an option, but in 05 it was not. The 05 bikes, the last 1100S BCR made, were red, white and blue and not white blue, but are basically the same bike. I am not certain about being 6'6" on any sportbike, but I can tell you BCR are very tall and are very long compared to Japanese sportbikes. The BCR is too tall for many people which is unusual for a sportbike. The BCR has a longer than standard Showa suspension, they say for ground clearance while racing. ( ?? ) The seat height is about 33.5

Scott
Thanks for the info Scott.
I have done some searching on the BCR bikes, and there is lots information on them, so it is hard to sort through the bull.

You are correct about being 6'6" tall and finding a comfortable sport bike. The only one I have been comfortable on so far is a Hayabusa. I took one on a short ride, and promptly returned the keys to the owner. I figured I was either going to do some major damage to myself, or never give the keys back.

I was thinking the BCR would be a good bike for me, since I have about a 34 inch inseam, and the riding position seems to be a bit more open than some of the Japanese sport bikes.

I like the idea of one of the hooligan bikes and the KTM 950 Supermoto & the 990 Super Duke are REALLY sweet looking bikes. I thought about one of the 625 SMCs, just not sure that would be enough power for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.