Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, you might not want to do this, but I thought it threw and worst case is i have to go to the stealer and order a new A pillar.

1. Find the location you want to mount the DH.
2. Take a very sharp saw, I used a Japanese saw. Be careful, don't slip or you will scratch the heck out of the a pillar.
3. Important, you have make the cut level from left to right. If you want the DH to be tilted up slightly you can bend the bracket a little but not much.
IMG_0494.jpg

1. Drill a hole in the side of the pillar the size of the wire right next to the rubber window flange.
2. Remove the pillar and with a razor cut the plastic so you can slide the wire in from the side when installing the pillar.
IMG_0495.jpg

1. I wrecked the small aluminum bracket that came with the DH, so I used a piece of 2 x 2 angle aluminum and made a new one.
2. I sanded it and cleaned it up and the thickness fit perfectly snug into the saw cut.
3. I didn't, but you could put some silicone or epoxy inside the pillar to hold it in place. Mine fit perfect so I did not at this time.
IMG_0498.jpg
IMG_0499.jpg
IMG_0500.jpg

1. I used the Velcro provided with the DH. This is the finished product.
IMG_0501.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg
IMG_0503.jpg
IMG_0506.jpg

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Well after getting by the first pic, which caused me to wince, I think it looks great!!

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
The first cut is always the hardest... Looks great! :thumb:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Awsome job ,i like it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Most Excellent!! :ro) Looks great!

on a side note, I saw the first picture and soiled myself....excuse me please.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
yea man that looks sweet and very clean.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
looks good! when i got mine i was wonderin what that plate was for!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!!

I looked at that pillar, then the saw then the pillar,,,,,,,then the saw,,,,,:duh:then the saw again,,,,,,well you know what I mean :D. AAAAAH its only money right???????

Well, it really looks cool! Like its just floating their..

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like the install and your avatar!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts