Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read in some other thread (forum?) that sometimes new trucks are shipped from the factory with low fluids. I got my new GMC D/A home last thursday. I checked the trans fluid and found that it took 1 quart of fluid to bring it up to the middle of the Hot check area on the dipstick. It was right at the bottom of the hot mark when I first checked it. I then looked at the rear differential and found that it was also low - I couldn't reach the fluid by sticking my pinky finger in up to the second joint. I decided this was too much and called the dealer. I spoke with one of the tech's and he told me to bring the truck in. I asked if I could bring it in right away and he said "sure". I was there in 20 minutes. He checked the rear diff and found it to be about 1/2 quart low. He also checked the transfer case and front differential and they were OK. Word to the Wise.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had the same problem with mine. Except the rear was 1 1/2 quarts low and the front was 3/4 quart low. Called the dealer and they said they would reimburse me for the gear oil.

·
Registered
233 Posts
On my truck on the day it was delivered:

Rear: 1.5 qts low

Front: 1 qt low

T-case: 1/2 qt low

The stealer would not reimburse me for the fluids I added after delivery.

·
Registered
511 Posts
See my post in the allison section about checking level---I can not get mine into the hot range. Mine was delivered 1Qt low in the rear, 1/2Qt low in the front, transfer case was full, engine full, and the tranny at cold was fine--can't get it hot to check it! Went to dealer after I added fluids--said you should have brought it in--I had the fluid in my garage (mobil 1) and it is just faster to do it myself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts