Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About twice a week when I start up in the mornings I get the "Check Engine Oil Pressure" in the Message Center. As soon as the engine oil pressure gage starts up the light goes out. I took it to the dealer and got the old "Could Not Duplicate" answer. Truck is a 01 with 67,000 miles. Oil is 15-40 Rotella T and only have 3,000 miles sense last oil change. Any Ideas why I am getting this in the message center. Only does it after truck sits over night and it does not do it every morning. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
12,004 Posts
Does your dealer try it under the same conditions?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mine sometimes says "Batteries not charging" when I start it. After the battery gauge goes above 14 volts, it quits saying that. I think it just goes off the gauge, and sometimes they stick. Just a thought.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have the correct oil filter(AC PF2232 or equivalent)?
Yes it does have the correct oil filter on it. I was thinking maybe the check value in the oil filter was sticking open some times but that is just me brain storming looking for what is causing this.
The gage might be a little slow or oil pressure sending unit might be going bad. Oil pressure is fine after start up and running down the road. Oh well wait until it blows up or when I get ready to trade it for a 07 model. Thanks for all the reply.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
On really cold days I'll get that message also. When I switched to synthetic oil it never re-appeared again. It takes alot of beating to get these motors to blow up;)

Nick

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On really cold days I'll get that message also. When I switched to synthetic oil it never re-appeared again. It takes alot of beating to get these motors to blow up;)

Nick
Only problem Nick is here in West Texas the coldest it has been at night is around 30 degrees. I bet you'll get allot colder than that. Yea I know she won't blow up, just me blowing steam, I haven't had one problem out of this truck would keep it but I don't like to drive something that the warranty is running out on. :)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
You got a point there. I didn't realize you were from Texas:eek:: I guess you might be right on the check valve thing. I'll be watching this thread to see what others have to say. Good luck. Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts