Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have read this before but I'll ask again.
I have been using my heater for several days. This moring the check engine lite is on and stays on. I'll take it tomorrow to the dealer. Just thought one of you guys might have an idea.
Thanks
Billy

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you have OnStar try them. They might have a response besides "take it to the dealer".

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pilot said:
If you have OnStar try them. They might have a response besides "take it to the dealer".
Pilot
Thanks
It's pretty bad having a service and not knowing to use it ! Just contacted Onstar,they ran a check and said its had something to do with the fuel system. And I would need to get it checked within 7 days. I thought somewhere I had heard people talk about the block heater and the service engine light. But as you can see I"m not to BRIGHT, so it was probably about something else.
Pilot, thanks again for helping the needy !
BIlly

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I was told it was the front winter cover being on above 0* . Affected the fuel sensor temp reading . Next time it warms up I will take it off. Temp here in Calgary Alberta. is -40.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the dealership this morning. This is the first time I've had anything to do with the shop. It is at dealership that sells alot of big trucks so they have a seperate shop for the diesels. They checked it with the tech 2. I forget ( they say it has something to do with age ) the code number it showed. they were told by Gm to reset it and drive it. It stayed off. When they checked the print out everything was ok. They were standing around talking trying to figure out what could have caused it. One of the mechanics said that sometimes when the feul filter is changed and if the ignition switch happens to be on it will set a code. Well I just had my truck serviced (10,000 mile ) and the feul filter had been changed. So hopefully that is it.
Sorry it's so long !
Thanks again Pilot

Rock,
Damn!! Now Thats COLD !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts