Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys ,

just have a quick question.

I was driving home the other night.-18 below zero doing 70mph truck started to lose power. check engine light came on. Pulled over checked all of the guages everything normal, proceeded on the road again could oonly go about 60-65 I steeped on the gas pedal no power engine started or tranny started to rev. let off the pedal kept a constant 65 all the way home. check ON-stAR THEY SAID Drive train problem with a fuel related problem as well. Said I would experience loss of power (they where right on) should have it check at the dealer within 1-2 days.
does this sound like a fuel gelling problem? I did add Power service additive when I filled up tank is sitting at Half full or half empty?

Any feedback on the topic would be appreciated..

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
i recently changed my fuel filter. 1 day later the engine light came on. the dealership said the light was a bad sensor called a fuel temperature sensor. go figure... the 2005 lly's are measuring the fuel temperature somehow...and why ??? u ask... they didnt know either. the truck still ran the same tho.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I don't know if the 05's have the problem but it also could be the injector harness going bad , it has a TSB, its happened 2 times on my o4 and the second time they had a upgraded harness.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Was that 18 below Fahrenheit or Celsius? Either way it is TFC.
Drove mine last night with the OAT on the mirror showing 1 deg F and had no problem other than DIC showing worse mileage than warmer temps and summer fuel provide. Started right up and ran great even without a winter cover.
Truck had been sitting outside in those temps for only about 5 hours though.
Please update your profile to show info on truck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
block heater code

I have seen at the dealership here that you can get that fuel temperature sensor to set a code if you plug in your truck in temps warmer than -18C.Havent seen any driveabilty problems though from pluging the the block heater in warmer conditions other than making the SES light come on

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuel gel

That was -18 F without the windchill we also had 20mph winds so you can figure that out, lol I ran it to work came home about 40 miles round trip. went on another 36 mile run parked the truck (shut it down)went after about 1.5 hours started and drove 15 miles parked and watched a Hockey game 2.5 hours started fine drove about 15 miles ,cruise was set at around 72mph then engine started to power down , didnt shut down just lost acceleration. pulled over engine light came on I decided to pull out had good power till about 65 and thats it I would step on the gas and tranny would rev a little and lost power again let off the pedal and drove 65 home. now sitting in garage plugged in. I will drive it to stealer monday to have a look at the code?
One thing thou if it threw a code would it have to be reset inorder to get any power back ? Im thinking it went into limp mode and now comp has to be reset to get it out of limp mode?

thanks for the replies..
Wife is saying should of bought a gasser,,lol no chance.. ohh ya i had power service anti gel in it when this all happended.

later....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.