Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the Juice and attitude Last Friday. Installation is a piece of cake althought I did not install the pyro yet. I want to see if all works first before I start drilling.
So here is the problem. I turn the key, wait for the glow light to go out (SES already has gone out by this time) and start it up. No problem so far. I put the attitude on program number 2, the fuel/boost to number 2 (also labeled CARB), and defuel on all gears shifting. Ran the truck...WOW! Stopped and restarted the truck and all is great. Ran the truck some more and still no SES. I stopped the truck and turned it off and waited to restart until the attitude display went out. I turned on the key and the SES light came on but did not go out as it normally does when I start cranking the engine. I started the engine and yet the SES light stayed on. Now since I don't have a way to read and reset, I have no clue what triggered it. Truck still ran great but I put back the cables to stock to hopefully get rid of the SES. After a number of cycles, the SES did go out. I did check for pins that were pushed out and all was just fine. It seems that after the 2nd start from a position where the attitude comes on with its sign on message that something triggers an SES. I went through this process 4 times and each time the exact same thing happened. SO, now I am back to stock (with no SES) until I can figure out what is going on...Does any of you juice gurus have any ideas about this?
My truck is an '04 (built 6/03) GMC with allison and californa emissions.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I know you are in Dixon, but sacramento is about a half-hour away. if you like i'll be happy to read your codes with my predator.

Nick

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nick, thanks. PM'ed you with phone number. I'd love to see what code it is.

Jack

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to Nick, I now know that the code thrown was p0489 and we were able to reproduce this on Nick's truck.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm getting the SES light also. So what is the code P0489?

I'm hopeing to talk to Aaron tomorrow to see if the attitude is the culprite.

Max

·
Registered
344 Posts
Maxindixion:

Is your Edge/Attitude a california box?

Max

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually it is the attitude where you can set for Cal trucks on low boost fueling. Works real slick. I use level 2. Level 5 is cool but man oh man, lots of smoke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts