Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started the engine and the check engine light will not go out. I had Onstar do remote diagnostics. They gave me a code of P0540 and I need to know how to turn off light. Is it possible to take battery cables off for 10 min or so to turn off light permaturely?

·
Registered
134 Posts
<TABLE width="100%" align=center border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>P0540</TD>
<TD vAlign=top>Intake Air Heater "A" Circuit</TD></TR></T></TABLE>You would want to get this fixed, not just reset it.

·
Registered
408 Posts
you will need a programer too reset.......pred.... quad....tech 2

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there anything I can check under the hood? where is the air intake heat circuit located?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Didn't OnStar tell you what this was (i.e. reason for code) and indicate whether or not this needs immediate attention? If not, then what's the point of having OnStar? If all their going to do is give you a code, then that is completely useless. I would really like to know as my contract expires in a month or so.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Onstar did tell me the code could be a fuel delivery problem and that it did not require immediate attention. If it did not reset go to Dealer in the next 7 days.

·
Registered
570 Posts
wberg,

What engine do you have (LB7 or LLY)?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LB7

·
Registered
134 Posts
wberg said:
Is there anything I can check under the hood? where is the air intake heat circuit located?

You've got me. I would call my local dealer and talk to them to see what that means and the possible causes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts