Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have links to the vendor with the best deal on Stanadyne? I thought this site had a "for sale" forum but I guess they took it down.

Thanks,

Lingus

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mark with DPP he is on the vendors list.

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
dont use it until it gets warmer out...it will gel up..trust me...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cuffnup;1601676; said:
Yeah. Stoddard solvent always does that.;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Stanadyne by itself might gel but not when mixed with diesel. Something about the chemical reaction that takes place. I store mine in the shed. We have been 35* and below for two weeks and no gel seen so far. 24* today and dumped a bottle in no problem. I think it was Blue Ridge Diesel where I got mine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Try these guys:

KEEP IN MIND THOUGH, IT'S NOT ALWAYS THE PRICE - WHAT IS THE FINAL PRICE WITH SHIPPING?
SOME PLACES REALLY JACK UP THE SHIPPING TO INCREDIBLE RATES!!
IF WE TAG TEAM THE REASONABLE GUYS WE'LL GIVE THEM ALOT OF BUSINESS.

mstechinc or se-power

Bought from SE Power twice. Last time I got screwed on the shipping, called them up and raised hell. They credited me. They pack the box inside another box well. No leaks.

Ordered from Diamond Diesel. They jacked their price through the roof on me so I shopped elsewhere! The box from them arrived leaking. I'm DONE with them.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I get mine from Eric Merchant. $22 for a half gallon. Reasonable shipping too. Here's the link to the page with the Stanadyne:

http://www.gmdieseltech.com/store2/cart.php?target=category&action=view&category_id=298

I use Stanadyne and it's been -4F (-32 wind chill) here in WV and both my 06 LLY van which is parked outside, and my pick which is parked in my garage, started with no problem at all. Both trucks were driven over 100 miles that day and no gelling. (no, I didn't drive both of them, I drove the pickup and one of my employees drove the van).

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
it gels up, is that just like the way you spell predator? your probably one of those guys that says oil in the fuel is bad to huh?

·
Registered
9,642 Posts
cuffnup;1601676; said:
I don't know at what temperature you "know" Stanadyne gels, but I left a bottle on the deck at 0* last night and it was still as fluid as room temp. This stuff will not freeze. See the MSDS here:http://www2.itap.purdue.edu/msds/docs/1548.pdf

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wonder if that MSDS is still any good? It's from back in 9/1997.

Interesting they say it does not freeze. All liquids freeze at some point, it might be very low but they do freeze.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
http://www.thedieselstore.com This is where I purchase mine.
I have used stanadyne performance formula in below zero temps and never have gelled. You have to use the performance formula in freezing temps not the lubricity formula. Nate

·
Registered
490 Posts
cuffnup;1601676; said:
:idiot:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I can get it by the case around here. That is 12 bottles (1 bottle treats 60 gallons). If I buy it by the case I get it for $7.12 a bottle.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm lucky...my Stanadyne dealer is 5 minutes from my house and a block away from the Allison dealership.

When it was about -20*F, it was thicker when I poured it in the tank but no problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts