Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have both thermostats and new gasket.

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Please tell us about your truck. ( Year, make, and Model ) and list any known mods.

:thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for welcome. I posted before I watched merchant automotive and a couple other youtube videos on changing thermostats. I have two thermostats and gasket. Merchant auto just said clean the mating surfaces. I drained my coolant by lower hose. Its messy but I got about 4 gallons in bucket. Probably half gallon on garage floor that I soaked up with rags. I removed oil fill tube bracket, moved compressor, rotated oil fill tube to remove tstat housing. There is no gasket. Just two thermostats with outer seal. I am in central mass. I own a 2007 GMC 2500hd sierra classic ecsb. LBZ, stock. 155k miles. Truck is in my garage. I may look for a new Oring for coolant tube into tstat housing in morning. Otherwise, I am just putting it back together.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Should come with the o-ring type gasket that goes around the rim on the thermostats. Go with oem....at least thats my take on them. No need to cheap out on a critical part!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Any gasket sealant required for this?
The tstats have their own gaskets. You just need the oring for the upper radiator housing.
Nothing else.
GM Part : 98280281 GASKET/O-Ring ENGINE COOLANT THERMOSTAT HOUSING(FOR THERMOSTAT)(SEAL)(PART OF 1,4)
Require Quantity:02 Package Quantity:1 $5.49 each

·
Registered
35 Posts
The merchant video explains everything including bleeding the system after the thermostats are installed.

Reactions: elder2

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Fill system very slowly, you will get less air pockets!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts