Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that (oil goes out here and oil goes in there and filter is here) but i just wanted to know if anyone knows of some problems that i might run into and some tips to doing it right. Thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
Make sure you put fresh oil on the filter gasket and that the old gasket comes off with the old filter. Other than that, what you said is it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Make sure you have a catch bucket that holds at least the 10 qts that is in the engine. I had to buy one from the local auto store but I would not recommend the one I bought. The one I bought was the kind that drains into the sealed container for easy dumping. However the flat surface where the oil first hits is not deep enough and you guessed it oil splashed all over for the first 5 seconds of draining. It worked after the flow slowed down. I plan on cutting out some of the flat surface area so the oil wont build up on the pan and make such a mess.
Other than that my first oil change went well.
Good luck,

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One last thing... oil drain bolt, just snug it up and then maybe a 1/4th turn?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Moved to Maintenance section! You should find all of your questions answered here! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.