Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my daytime running lights went out. From looking under the hood I didn't see an easy way to change the bulb. Does anyone know the simplest way to do this?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
There is two pins you turn out and pull straight up to remove the headlight bucket .... The pins are located on each side of the headlight bucket facing up ....

You will then have to remove parking lamp assembly which is just as easy ... I forget exactly but it is only held on with a snap clip on one side grill side I believe ?? It pulls out from grill side and unhooks from fender side ....

See owners manual should have a detailed instructions ...

Mac Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
62 Posts
Other way around Mackin. The clip on the DRL housing is on the fender side, and the grill side is the side that unhooks.

Very easy to change. Take your time the fist time so you don't break anything. No tools needed for this job.

After you do it once, you will be able to do it the next time in about 30 seconds...seriously!

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
There will be a next time. Even my amber long life bulbs burn out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been running the amber lights for @ 2 years now and haven't had one burn out yet...I have only seen a couple of others using them, but sure have seen a lot of burned out OEMs...

·
Registered
341 Posts
yep - I've had the amber's in when I got 'er & I have yet to see another amber drl truck.

It's funny how the Chevy's drl's are burned out on one side, and the GMC's I see are burned out on the other side...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts