Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

i bought my baby this past feb with 38, 600 miles on it...the injectors were replaced at 41k, with oil change, fuel filter, lube, etc...

jimmy has 43,600 on it now...the change oil message light came on while i was driving it today...seems a little soon to me...not even 3k on the oil change...

any ideas/opinions?...thanks a lot

</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
514 Posts
It probably wasn't reset when the oil was last changed. Just reset it since you know your milage for your last change.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

thanks to both of you...i THOT it prob was something like that...

how do i reset the light?

thanks........</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
687 Posts
Or change the oil NOW at just over 3K and you'll KNOW what brand oil, etc. Plus you never know, never hurts to change it more often. Oil is cheap!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Turn the ignition key to RUN. (engine off)

Press the accelerator pedal to the floor 3 times in 5 seconds.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't pay any attention to the change oil light I just reset it when it comes on. Instead I use the trip function on the odometer to keep track of mileage since my last oil change. Change it every 3000 miles...I still can't get myself to trust those computers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts