Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just started playing with the EFIlive V2 7.3 ... I was flashing the "smoke tune" in the modified section... Would him having an 02 and mine an 03 make any difference?

First i flashed it..then it wouldnt even turn over.. did it again.. nothing... so i reflashed the stock info and it started with no problems except i cant reset the Change oil light.?? it'll go be at 0% then to 100 then back to zero..no matter what....

what you guys think?

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Flashscan;1580849; said:
Pretty simple fix when the oil life gets stuck new2DmAxnAlli, shoot me a PM.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Fill out your sig so we know what you have.

Can you post the fix? I have a buddy with an 01 with an 02 OS that has it stuck. I used the oil reset on EFI and it don't reset it.

G

·
The fix is that Ross needs to modify a file. You need to send Ross your email address and OS number, and Ross will return a file with the fix.

Bobo, your software should be our latest BETA, a full flash should fix it.

Cheers
Cindy

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
EFI Support;1615608; said:
The fix is that Ross needs to modify a file. You need to send Ross your email address and OS number, and Ross will return a file with the fix.

Cheers
Cindy

Thank you. I'll try that. I should have tried that last time, but I had a brain fart.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
EFI Support;1615608; said:

Cheers
Cindy
I used the beta and it did not work. Tune build is 582...Scan build 496....OBD build 628. I'm using a V1 cable. I did a full flash on the DSP OS #02600601. I just noticed the VIN is not inputed properly. Other than that, this 02 OS should work in his 01, correct? BTW, I lost all my tutorials.

One thing I'd like to change and need help with....when I click on the folder to open a new tune file, it goes to the Bin folder in My Documents. How do I redirect it to the right folder?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
bobo;1644168; said:
I used the beta and it did not work. Tune build is 582...Scan build 496....OBD build 628. I'm using a V1 cable. I did a full flash on the DSP OS #02600601. I just noticed the VIN is not inputed properly. Other than that, this 02 OS should work in his 01, correct? BTW, I lost all my tutorials.

One thing I'd like to change and need help with....when I click on the folder to open a new tune file, it goes to the Bin folder in My Documents. How do I redirect it to the right folder?
That OS will work fine in a 2001 truck..........;)

The fix Ross has has reset any of my stuck oil life's......if you flashed a 2001 ECM to a 2002 OS it should work as well.

:cool:

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
GMC-2002-Dmax;1644191; said:
That OS will work fine in a 2001 truck..........;)

The fix Ross has has reset any of my stuck oil life's......if you flashed a 2001 ECM to a 2002 OS it should work as well.

:cool:
I'm not using the Ross fix. I'm trying to get it fixed by using the beta software. This will save Ross the hassle of having to fix files if he can get it to work right. I'll try the correct VIN when I can get to that truck again.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Flashscan;1645815; said:
Tony, did you use just the new beta version that should fix it after a full flash?, or, were you using the older method with the .bix file?

Cheers,
Ross
I used the file you sent, it works every time I have an issue........;)

I am sorting out the new software, I'll see if I can flash one and lock it up with the old software and then fix it with the new software.

I have that 2001 ECM that is possessed to experiment on.

I'll see what I can mess up and fix tomorrow.

;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts