Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use Amsoil 3000 5-30 HVy Duty Diesel, I have 5K on this oil- my Change engine oil light is on when I start. Now this is a 10-15K change interval, why is the light coming on at 5K? Amsoil says it on a "timer"... OK, reset the timer, turn key to ON hit foor pedal 2x in 5 seconds now it's reset....wrong, did not work.
How is this light activated?
Anyone else had this?
I should probably spend the 115$ on anohter oil change, huh.
Thanks,
Redfish

·
Banned
525 Posts
the light is based on an alogrithm that GM uses to calculate your engine run time, heat, idle time, average speed and engine load to tell you when it is time to change your dino oil.

With amsoil in there it will not change that calculation. You just have to know when you changed your oil, then add 25,000 miles to it and then change the oil and filter. If you want to run extended drain intervals past the 25,000 mile mark, you can install the BMK-17 EaO bypass filter system and you can go 50 to 100,000 miles without an oil change, just filter changes every 25,000 miles.

I know the system works as I had it on an 01 DMax and I did not change my oil for 160,000 miles and finally I said enough and changed it, I sent a smaple of the old oil in for an analysis and the results came back to continue using the oil. Go figure. As long as you put new oil in the filters(prefill them) when you change them, the oil stays fresh. When they tore dow my old engine when the replaced the injectors, the heads were spotless and there was no sludge in the oil pan. Absolutly the best oil on the market for long drain intervals.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
no turn key on engine off put gas pedal to the floor 3 times within 5 second of key on this will restet lite. the lite comes on due to a lot of factors like temp and type of driving IE highway or lot of stop and go. and the eolm is set for regular oil not syn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts