Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I plan on using my truck to pull, I was considering using SD's centerlink but am not thrilled about the possible loss of turning radius as I already have a semi-dedicated pulling truck and this is my daily driver.

I came across this:

The Cognito Motorsports Solution:
The Mechanical Engineer at Cognito Motorsports has come up with a non traditional design to fix this problem, and it works GREAT! The support kit can be installed on pitman and idler arms showing a lot of wear, and actually revive them! If the worn parts have approximately 40,000 miles or less on them with a close to stock size tire, they probably will not have to be changed. If the worn parts have approximately 20,000 miles or less on them with larger than 33” tires, they probably will not have to be changed. If the parts have more miles than that on them, it is recommended to replace the pitman and idler arms with factory units and add the Cognito Motorsports Pitman and Idler Arm Support Kit.
This innovative design is so unique that it has a utility patent pending status right now. The support system works by double capturing the studs that protrude from the pitman and idler arms which the center link connects to. At the same time it still allows the studs to pivot on their own axis which is needed when the steering system is turning. This Cognito Motorsports system provides the support needed to prevent the center link from rocking forward and backward in the vehicle.

[/QUOTE]

Will this stop the toe in that the SD centerlink is also curing?
If it does, does it also reduce turning radius?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
I doubt it will stop it but it will help. The problem is the centerlink has an offset to it on the end. My brother has an 01 that needs some front end parts and I was going to try to measure and maybe test the center link from the older trucks to see if it would bolt in and not hit anything. Basically the same thing as the SD centerlink

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i dont think that would solve the problem but try it and let us know that is the only why to be sure about it

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
hasnt been proven on the clay track, but there were several people using them on the strip with good luck, but they were droping there t-bars. it will just keep it from twisting. weather the twisting is what will cause the center link to bend.....i dont know.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hasnt been proven on the clay track, but there were several people using them on the strip with good luck, but they were droping there t-bars. it will just keep it from twisting. weather the twisting is what will cause the center link to bend.....i dont know.
I guess the bending issue might be a problem, but I thought the reason why people were breaking tie-rods were that the centerlink was moving forward and aft which caused the front wheels to toe in, which cause undo stress on the tierods (causing them to break). I am planning on sleeves or updated tie-rods, but was looking for a better solution than SD centerlink (no offense as it is a NICE piece and proven on the strip/track), but I don't want to give up the turning radius if I don't have to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts