Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever swapped the center section of the front seat from an LS version with the seat space and fold down console to the center console from an LT that reaches to the dash?

I don't ever use the center seat and the extra storage and capability of the LT console would be great...

Just wondering what might be involved...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm not convinced that there is more storage in the full console as opposed to the fold down seat. With the seat you can put somthing on the floor for extra cup holders etc. But with the console what there is is what you get, please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
well, having had BOTH in the same truck I feel that as far as organization goes, I have MORE storage with the center console because with the seat I had a WalMart storage bin on the floor in the center below the dash for stuff which now is all inside my new center console. The only thing that I can't now store is a full sized phone book which will fit in the folding seat but not the center console.

If you want a sportier style and never want or need to transport 6 people then the center console is the way to go...IMO.

Hey, they make 2 styles 'cuz everyone is different. Heck, I swapped mine out and sold my seat to someone else that wanted a seat instead of the console.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I did the opposite; removed the console & replaced it with a fold down console seat . . . did it primarily for the 6th seat . . . if anything, it seems like I have more space; the console seat is flatter and not as deep as the full console, but as far as space, I think the console seat has more, at least for what I have in it . . plus, as mentioned above, you get the floor space in front. The only PITA about the console seat is hearing everything pile up as you lift the seat back!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts