Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now i have a bench seat in the front and i want to buy the centerconsole that goes from the dash back. My question is the seats do not have arm rests, is that going to be really weird or uncomfortable?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I did the same thing, the center console, as long as its from an an 04 06 is high enough to not need an armrest. The earlier consoles are too low, I have had both in my truck.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I also did this in my 04, It had no arm rests but you didnt notice. Btw you will need to change the glove box in your truck. The center console requires a different one. I bought it from JP customs.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Btw , what year is your truck? 03 and up consoles and dash pieces are different from 99-02.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I have the arm rests and the center console. 9 times out of 10 my arm is on the console and the arm rest is folded up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My truck is an 06 Crew cab, and the center console i am looking at purchasing is from an 03 silverado, including the glove box and mounts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Wirelessly posted (palm tx: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D050; Blazer/4.3) 16;320x448)

WanaDmxsub said:
I have the arm rests and the center console. 9 times out of 10 my arm is on the console and the arm rest is folded up.
Never use my armrest either.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
MaynardDmaxLBZ;1601227; said:
My truck is an 06 Crew cab, and the center console i am looking at purchasing is from an 03 silverado, including the glove box and mounts
It will work no problem.:)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
My buddy has a tahoe with a north shore conversion package, it's got aftermarket seats with no arm rests, but the console has a leather padded strip around it.

I notice it because I use my armrests, but I'm sure unless another GM guy got in your no one would ever know the difference!

-Chris

·
Registered
289 Posts
For those of you who have made the switch, how hard was it? any fabricating necessarry? does the never bolt out and the new console bolt in?

I would really like to do this as well.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
caswell;1608538; said:
For those of you who have made the switch, how hard was it? any fabricating necessarry? does the never bolt out and the new console bolt in?

I would really like to do this as well.
Very easy, just a lil time and basic tools. No problem! If you have the middle seat/fold console, when you unbolt it the new full console bolts in exactly the same way.the glove box is easy to change also.It has a couple bolts under the dash. 1st thing you need to do is unblot your front seats ant remove them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts