Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may not exactly be calling it the right thing but here is a picture of what I have.

DSCN2504.JPG

I would like to install a set of Autometer Cobalt Pyro and Boost gauges in the area between the 12V outlets like olboy82 has done in this picture.

Gauge Console.JPG

I'm not quite sure how he accomplished it and I hope he will chime in on this but I would also like input from anyone else that may have an idea how to install gauges there and have it clean looking. I would like to keep the lower cubby hole open if possible. The slot would need to be made a little taller somehow and a cover plate would have to be fabricated and drilled for the gauges but I'm stuck on what material to use and how to make it look good like above. I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there that would like to mount gauges here so let's figure this out! :D

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Looks like he cut the whole thing out and fabbed up a plastic replacement. PM him, he can help you out, or do a search of posts by him. I do remember him talking about how he did it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did send him a PM about a week ago but I guess he has been too busy to reply. I think you are right that he fabbed the whole piece though because I did find where he posted this.

I made everything out in the garage myself. Originally was gonna polish the plates instead of painting them but that ended up being to much of a pain because both pieces are made of 14g stainless steel. The whole thing was a royal pain to make but it ended up turning out pretty well I think
I'm not a metal worker so there is no way I could do that myself. I may have to mount them in the bottom because that woud be easier to make it clean looking but I hate how it's angled towards the passenger and the top is angled towards the driver. GM sure has some funky angles in their vehicles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could you use two panels one at the top and one below? Looks like the lower just screws in and the upper half’s the gauges. Take it and have it sprayed with LineX or Zebart? Bring them up side by side and see if it looks like thats what he's done. The LineX should blend any seams.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
yea just fiberglass it. i'm gonna do mine similar to that but put the gauges on the bottom and move my heater controls into the glove box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts