Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting a check engine light, about once every week or two for the past month or so. It always does it on my way home from school. So Im going from indianapolis to Ansonia, OH. I check it with the predator and it has always been turbo overboost and maf sensor. It is always both of them together. Now, dont everyone go blaming it on predator programming because I havent been running it. I have been running stock about half of the time and running 110 VA the rest of the time. WHen it comes on, I know I wasn't over 15-20lbs of boost. I figure the MaF sensor needs cleaned, what was the procedure to do this? If you need the exact codes I can get them. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I get an SES light also, would Edge Juice, and an K&N Intake do this? I get an MAF code. Is this from Overboost, or K&N Filter. I still have stock exhast, and am going to stright pipe till I get some cash up for an exhast.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I would start by cleaning the MAF sensor. Use something like CRC 'lecra clean as it leaves no film. There is also a programming update avail for the overboost code

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric,

JK, put all the updates on my truck at the GR Dyno Day, could I spray the maf sensor with brake clean or put brakeclean in a bag and swish the maf sensor in it??

·
Registered
263 Posts
I cleaned the MAF, so I guess I have to get the update. Should I disconnect everthing before I go in to get it updated?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts