Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 2/10/07, I drove about 10-12 miles and shut her down for about 3 hours. The temps were in the minus single digits and I have been plugging it in over night. I came out and it started right up, after the glow plug light came on for 2-3 seconds. I thought it was a little odd after only three hours, but it was COLD. After idling for a few minutes I started down the road and the CEL came on within a 1/2 mile. I drove her home and brought her to the dealership on 2/13. Here is what they found: P0299, "inspect and found MAP sensor full of water-call T.A.C (case #9471085) engeneering is investigating for permanent fix. clean out air intake tubes-clean MAF sensor-could not get all of water from MAP sensor-replace MAP sensor-reflash ecm w/ updated software". They recommend I put the winter cover on as that should/could help and they have found similar problems lately. It has been cold for several weeks. Just letting everyone know. Thanks!

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
There has been a rash of these lately.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the same problem the other day. The temperature was -25C. I had it plugged in. After warming it up for about 10 minutes, I left for work. Within 2 mile the CEL came on. Took it to GM and they had the exact same story. They put my winter front on, cleaned the sensor and told me GM is working on this problem. Of course the temperature now is +8C (+45F) so I removed the winter front.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Minus single digits, snow, winter fronts. I might have to use my air conditioner this weekend, it's gonna be in the high 70's. Man I'm glad I live in San Diego.

·
Registered
395 Posts
HDUSA;1597525; said:
snow in the intake
I don't think that's the problem... We have only had about 12'' of snow in the Twin Cities this winter.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Sounds boring , I love winter ,snow ,cold bring it on !

·
Registered
32 Posts
jwfab1;1598720; said:
Minus single digits, snow, winter fronts. I might have to use my air conditioner this weekend, it's gonna be in the high 70's. Man I'm glad I live in San Diego.
:rolleyes: I hate you!:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts