Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this thing really neccessary to have on a 6.2L light duty engine? It's hard for me to find one locally and my present one seems to just let oil ( more than I think it should)through to the intake? Can I just put on an old valve cover breather cap like on the old gassers and plug the hole in the manifold? Any info appreicated

·
Registered
421 Posts
I got rid of all that junk years ago. I just stripped it out and put in a piece of hose from the breather, it is on the oil filler neck if I remember correctly, to the intake manifold. I couldn’t see that the “barometric depression sensor” or what ever it is called was doing a thing and it was always in the way. I plugged off the drivers side manifold with a short hose and a wooden plug. Be sure to use hose clamps. I took the old molded hose connector from the manifold in to the auto parts store and told the guy I wanted something that approximated this. He went to the back and got a preformed part that was a close match. I put it all together with clamps and it has been there ever since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts