Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone figure out how to make the "off" position work yet on the 2003+ canadian gm trucks? I'm told it may be as simple as a programming change on the ecm. The way they work right now is the headlights are on if it's running and its dark out, period. I've been thinking of doing a mod with a separate switch but would rather find the right way if it's possible.

·
Registered
23 Posts
On my 2004 if you hold the switch to off and push the button underneath they go off untill you shut it off and start it again.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Here's the way I understand it, based on reading Helms 2002. I do not have a Canadian Truck, so my lightswitch may be different.

I don't think it's programming in the ECM, but programming in the Body Control Module, (BCM). This is programmed based on Regular Production Options, (RPO).

Per Helms, "The Automatic Lamp Control (ALC) and the Daytime Running Lamp (DRL) cannot be turned off on the Canadian Vehicles".

Some possible RPO's controlling this might be listed below:

Z49 Export Canadian Modification Manditory Base Equipment

T78 Headlamps Control - Delete

T62 Lamp System Daytime Running - Delete

Helms 2002 references :

Circuit description - page 8-479

Lighting schematics - page 8-330

The Headlamp Relay & Daytime Running Lamp Relays are both controlled by the BCM, schematic pages 8-299 & 8-300.

BCM reprogram - page 8-641

Can anyone else help with this? That's about all I know. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for your replies. Sweibel- turning my switch and pushing the button doesn't work on mine. Good thought though! Thanks modified for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts