Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I purchased a GM 12 - Disc Radio Controlled CD Changer (vertical mount) from Radios and More after seeing some posts on the subject in an earlier topic. I’d like to mount the changer behind the rear passenger seat on the back wall of the cab. This changer does not come with a mounting kit and I wondered if anyone else has mounted a changer in the same location. I need a few ideas for a mounting bracket.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The changer should come with mounting brackets. If not then there is no way to actually mount the changer to anything without physically altering or damaging the changer.

If mounting brackets are present, the easiest way for install without altering or damaging thre truck is to screw the brackets onto a piece of plywood or board that is approximately the size between the mounting brackets. The plywood, mounting board or similar can first be painted to any color match desired.

Use sylicone on the back of the new mounting board to the back of the truck wall directly to the metal or thin carpet present. Use quite abit to firmly hold the mounting board in place when dry. Once totally dry then screw the brackets to the mounting board & then attach the CD changer to the brackets.

The sylicone will hold everything in place & absorb some vibrations. If or when you are ready to remove the application in the future, just peal the board away from the sylicone & peal or roll the sylicone off the back wall or thin carpet.

I have used this application a couple time & it works very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts