Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my seat setup to for easy exit. I've noticed that if the rear seat in a CC is folded down the front seat seems to not be able to move back all the way without some grunting coming from the seat servos. The tilted forwad bottom of the back seat ends up getting shoved hard into the headrest on the folded down part of the back seat. Anyone esle experiance this? Seems like someone forgot to check for interferences.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the same thing in my 2002 crew cab. I also can't fold the rear seat if the front seat is all the way back. I have to move the front forward before folding and it does not move all the way back while the rear seat is folded.

·
Registered
447 Posts
yep, I noticed the same thing!

·
Registered
270 Posts
There was a thread on here about the rear seats not folding. Near the bottom of the thread they talk about this same problem. It looks like all of the CC's have this problem. It is suprising that they haven't fixed this with the new trucks. Maybe there aren't many tall people driving CC's???

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59682

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Ditto all the above!

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
same with my truck.

but, on a friends Tahoe, his head rests in the back seat fold back to alow the back seat to fold forward.

dang, that was a mouthful :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There was a thread on here about the rear seats not folding. Near the bottom of the thread they talk about this same problem. It looks like all of the CC's have this problem. It is suprising that they haven't fixed this with the new trucks. Maybe there aren't many tall people driving CC's???

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59682
I'm not tall myself...I was more worried about easy exit feature where the seat moves itself back when you take the key out of the ignition. I'd kind of like to leave the rear seat down most of the time for the dogs. I could turn the easy exit feature off...but what is the point of having extra knobs, buttons, & programmable doodads if you can use 'em:mad: I do know that you can stop the automatic seat movement by hitting any of the seat buttons but if I don't remember until I hear the seat motor start to grunt then there's just that much more wear and tear on it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm over 6' tall. Very uncomfertable to drive with the rear seat folded down. Can someone engineer a fix??

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
you know how you fix it when you but the front seat all the way back pick up the folded seat in the back then move seat all the way back and then just let the back seat rest on the front seat

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't think that will help with the easy exit feature because the seat is all the way back only when you get out. It wouldn't work for me either, because I keep a tool box across the back seats that I can't lift everytime I move the seat.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
would it work if you took the headreast off the backseat before folding it down?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had 3 Avalanches before my Duramax, and they all had the same issue when the rear seat was folded down to open the midgate. I'm 6'3", and I didn't enjoy driving very far without being able to run the front seat back as far as I needed it.

I'm a diehard GM man, but there's got to be a better way...

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I think a lot of gms do this our s-10s have.

·
Registered
363 Posts
As mentioned before remove the head rests off the back seat. It will allow the seat bottom to lean back some and not stand up vertical. I too drive with the front seat all the way back.

·
Registered
369 Posts
has anyone looked to see if the head rests from a yucon will fit our seats.
last month i went to a new car show and happened to flip the rear seat of a yukon down to see if you still have to crawl over the mid seat to get to the third row and when i did it i thought they had same prob. as my truck and low and behold the headrest floped back out of the way. but you still have to crawl over the seat.( this is why i bought my durango)

·
Registered
110 Posts
On my 05 Sierra I can program how far the easy exit feature will move. check your manual it should have it in there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts