Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally removed the cat and went with a mbrp 4" frontpipe to match the rest of the exhaust. All i can say is WOW! It spools faster, runs smoother through all gears, makes the turbo louder, but overall not much change in loudness in the cab but you can tell it is a lot deeper. which is a plus for me. This thing is now hard to keep from not doing a burnout, it is sweet. It is one of the best mods yet.
thanks for your guys help in the decsion.
p.s. NO CODES..........yet

·
Registered
335 Posts
Where did you get it. I'm about to make the jumb and do something with my exhaust on my '01

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
:cool2:

·
Registered
9,642 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Where did you get it. I'm about to make the jumb and do something with my exhaust on my '01
your truck doesnt have a cat to begin with...unless its a CA emmissions truck...

·
Registered
372 Posts
Keep us posted. Removing the cat is an upgrade I am considering, however I am concerned about throwing codes. Then you block the EGR and get an FS and BS while you are at it. No problem there, I just dont want to end up with turbo bark, as I dont have that problem now.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
It was an upgrade that I should have made from day 1. I really like the quicker spool, and lower temp that it provided. I blocked the EGR also at the same time. I did get codes, but have disabled them with EFI Live. I have a Fingers stick I could put in, but just really don't feel like it at the time.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Spikedmax with his 2001 Lb7 dosent have a 04.5 or newer lly so therefore he doesnt have a cat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I pulled the cat and muffler off my 05 and love it! It sounds sick and runs better. I have an audio file of the exhaust I was trying to attach but can't figure out how.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Will removing the CAT in itself cause codes to be set? Also does it have to be cut out and how much is the front pipe and can I put it back if need be.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Well you live in opregon so it may be a cat model

but most likley not.

If it is wanna buy my stocker? I should be goin aftermarket soon

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
innervision vbmenu_register("postmenu_892507", true); ....

I love the sound of your exhuast. That thing sounds mean as hell!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
innervision vbmenu_register("postmenu_892507", true); ....

I love the sound of your exhuast. That thing sounds mean as hell!!
The great part is the cab noise is nearly silent! I get compliments everywhere I go!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an o5 duramax with edge/attitude, 4" exhaust kit and when i removed my converter i started throwing codes. can anyone help??? mmmmm

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an o5 lly that i recently removed with cat from and am throwing codes
I am running a cold air intake and edge juice with attitude the code it is throwing is 0700???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hey guys sorry i havnt posted, but i went on a road trip to tahoe and picked up a project car but anyways, the truck runs sweet, temps are way cooler, i was only pulling a 5k load but i couldnt get the egt above 1250, pushin it on steep hills with edge on 2! i have driven 1500 miles with the cat off and NO CODES! will it still throw a code? but it was definately one of the better mods i did.
thanks
-shawn-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.