Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on installing a lift pump and installing a Cat filter in place of the OEM. Does anyone know if I need to use a standoff for the new filter head in order to have enough clearance?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
how are you doing water separation. have you checked with the dealer on warranty exclusion ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have a 10 micron Racor frame mounted which I will for water trap.

My dealer's Service manager worked for Cuimmins for quite some time, and he kniows what diesels need. He is easy to work with on this kind of thing. When I get the whole system laid out, I will go to hime with it. I wouldn't expect a problem. I still have the option of putting the cat under the air filter, which might turn out to be the best choice.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
thats great. are you looking at an adapter or replacing the OEM unit ? is the RACOR pre or post OEM ? Sounds like a large undertaking, unless you can do better for cleanliness than just adding secondary. I will follow to see how you make out. thanks

ski

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
A year or two ago, there was a member on this site or on the TDP that made his own adapter that fit on the Racor filter head. It was threaded for a better filter (I forget whether it was for a CAT or Stanadyne). I believe he made it out of aluminum and it looked quite good, but as I remember he wasn't interested in mass production. Too bad, it would have filled a lot of needs. I don't remember what he had in mind for the WIF sensor though. This age thing is getting the better of me I am afraid!

Does anyone else remeber this?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts