1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The seller probably doesnt know any better.

My father-in-law has been a new car saleman at a chevy dealership for 30 years, and he barely knows what a 350 is........and he couldnt identify the different engines either.):h

Typical car salesman.......uses any, and every little thing to sell the vehical.....Its what they are trained to do.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks like it might have been left in a storage bin and now the owner of the storage is selling it

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
You are right about car salesman not knowing.... I rode in a new car one time and asked the salesman, "does it have overdrive" at which point he floored it and said "yeah, it's got lotsa power..."

Here's your sign...

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
after I put the 4" exhaust on my suburban, my neighbor asked me if I had put a Caterpillar motor in it. ):h

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
the fact is that on the left bottom pic you can see the CAT logo on the rockers' cover :Whoa:
so :confused:

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Previous owner was a CAT lover may be... Meow:laugh_exp

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
:funnypost

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
i viewed it b4 the change and told him i would be contacting the auction winner and letting them know they could back out without repercussions as listing it as a caterpillar engine could be considered fraudulent advertising.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow..... Thanks guys. I did not think it was a Cat but I was not sure cuz I am kind of new to diesel world.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Look here at what he wrote on the bottom of the description change:

"It appears that GM Motors did not install a Cat engine in their 1995 model vehicles. After further investigation we have been unable to locate an engine made by this manufacturer and installed in this vehicle. It appears the manufacturer of this engine is in fact Detroit. This auction was listed based on the limited information we have about this vehicle. I am sure any and all bidders know what they are bidding on and in fact see this as an oversight on our part. Bidders! If anyone contacts you or attempts to motivate you to remove your bid because of this. Please contact or email me. These such members are trying to get me to sell the item outside of eBay and are angry because I would not close the auction down to sell to them. They are attempting to use this oversight to profit from the purchase of this truck. They have been reported to eBay and will be served with civil action in the event they proceed with this harasment. "
Sounds like he's a little tiffed maybe?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Look here at what he wrote on the bottom of the description change:

Sounds like he's a little tiffed maybe?

:muahaha:

·
Registered
496 Posts
...Sounds like he's a little tiffed maybe?

Typical. He screws up and gets called on it and BLAMES everyone but himself for the problems that come from his own mistake.

Idiot.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just send a link of this thread to the winner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts