Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about installing the CAT 1R-0750 in place of the OEM filter. If I could get PROS and CONS of said install that would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I don't believe the CAT filter provides any water separation, so it shouldn't be used unless you have something else that provides that. Personally, I run a big Donaldson filter that has a glass bowl on the bottom to show water separation, plus a Racor coalescing filter on the OEM mount for even more water separation. And both of these are very good filters, too.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I ran 2 filters without a lift pump for about 10 years without any problems. I don't have any power tunes. Then I added a Kennedy lift pump a few years ago for peace of mind while traveling (from collapsing soft lines or obscure air leaks which cause loss of prime or worse).

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Some will run the Cat IR-1750 but without having the WIF sensor your risking engine damage if your unlucky enough to get a bad load of fuel, no factory WIF sensor no warning.
I did put a plug on my Racor but eventually put the WIF sensor back on, I have a AD liftpump with water separator but you have no warning system on the aftermarket filters if it takes on water.
DON'T fall for the people selling this delete fuel system crap either, they have junk to sell and they'll tell you any lie to sell the crap.
Having liftpump filters and stock location filter is much better.
How mine is, 10 micron WS LP fuel filter, 5 micron LP fuel filter, 4 micron Racor stock location fuel filter. (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You might find the Donaldson 553207 a better choice. Filter and water separation at 3 microns. Changing my l5p over to it once the adapter comes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts