Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whos all going to Carlisle truck nats next month? Its a awesome event and they got every truck you could imagine there. From lowered mazdas to big rigs. I look forward to going every year. Its definatly one of my favorite!

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/index.asp

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am "planning" on going for Saturday.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I'm thinking about it. I've never been because I always go to bloomsburg and they're pretty close to eachother.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am going, I am with Pa Chapter on Chevy truck world. I will have my 98 truck with 38's. I am trying to post a pic of my truck but it doesn't want to work

·
Registered
229 Posts
I will be going again this year. It's a nice trip and place to go. I will be with FULL SIZE CHEVY COM. Lots of stuff at the swap meet to.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I will be going again this year. It's a nice trip and place to go. I will be with FULL SIZE CHEVY COM. Lots of stuff at the swap meet to.
Yep, I'll be with FSC as well. Fairgrounds are 7 miles from my house, no reason not to show up.
Have a good trip up! :D

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
I would love to make this show. But not sure this year I can. Next year I definitely plan on it. Just too many things going on right now.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I plan on going. I was at the bloomsburg one last week and it was a HUGE show, but I heard carlisle is bigger. I want to see the tricked out big rigs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll be there, Im still working on getting parts painted, talk about last minute, Im leaving late thursday night from L.I and will be there friday through sunday.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you're gonna be in town... The Buck is have another Dieselfest in Lancaster Sat night Aug 7th. It's probably an hour away but it's always a good time and there are quite a few members on here that compete there.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I will be there Sat only with my dually. Hope to see some of ya there. Say hello!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
What happen to all the DP members that was gonna come to the all truck nationals......I was there!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm still here! Come visit!

·
Registered
689 Posts
You didnt see my dually get spanked by the Dodge in the tug of war right on the mainstage? I couldnt believe it! The dually weighs 9700lbs before myself and 2 passengers that were inside and the 7200lb standard Dodge pulled me away! I spoke to him afterward. He said he aired down, pulled in 4w low and low gear. I smoked all 6 tires trying to pull him but man it was fun!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
So How is every one from back EAST ? To bad about getting knocked out by a Dodge Rich. What Happen to all the Pictures ??

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
You didnt see my dually get spanked by the Dodge in the tug of war right on the mainstage? I couldnt believe it! The dually weighs 9700lbs before myself and 2 passengers that were inside and the 7200lb standard Dodge pulled me away! I spoke to him afterward. He said he aired down, pulled in 4w low and low gear. I smoked all 6 tires trying to pull him but man it was fun!!!
What!!! hell no I wish I had known I was on the hill watching the rock crawl.....damit I should have join the tug of war and shut them dam dodge boys mouth and pulled that dodge out the park......us gm/Chevy guys don't go down without a fight

·
Registered
689 Posts
Haha:D. I wish I could have beat him my man! That freakin Dodge beat out everyone and won! Liberator had atleast 2 of their trucks there and were all beat too. It was so funny, the Dodge was an old 12V xcab dually all beat up rusted and dented (not that it changes anything). I spoke to the owner, he said he hooks chains every week with it and almost always wins! Believe it or not he claims his gas powerwagon is even better and would beat the Cummins. Im not going to lie, I didnt prep anything. I just drove in as is and hooked up. No airing down, no special tires and coolant was blowing out of my reservoir from the head gaskets:D. I just did it for fun and hoped I didnt break anything.The dodge had gears and bald tires for traction. The owner told me he brought it that way just to do the tug.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah I saw it all from the stands, That kid never looses. But you gave it a good try. If you try again next year definitely air it down to get some bite.

·
Registered
689 Posts
LOL thanks man. I hopefully will have my motor finished next year and be set up a little better. I was so freakin excited i didnt pay attention to the rpms and/or the wheel speed! I believe I made a mistake by not doing it in 4wheel low. The acceleration is very slow b/c of torque management or some crap. I didnt want him to get a jump on me having to wait for power to build so I ran 4w hi. Hence the rapid tire spin:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts