Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok,
Here is a good one. Was messing around with the connector for the interior lights and blew the fuse. I am unable to find the freakin fuse for the lights.

The interior lights work as they are supposed to for the enter and exit as they turn on and turn off.

But the lights that turn on with the push button switch do not work at all. In addition, as this happened, the cargo lamp indicator on the DIC stays on all the time.

Any ideas WTF I just did???

BTW reason for the messing around was for the install of a HomeLink console

On edit: Went out and shot the wires. The door light wire has power, but the wire that would turn on the interior lights has no power anytime.

On edit number two: After doing a search on the forum I found two possible problems, the fuse that I can not find and also the headlight switch may have shorted. Any ideas????

·
Registered
189 Posts
If I understand you correctly, the courtesy and dome lights work fine. Its the map/reading lights in the overhead console that stopped working.

First check fuse SEO B1. Its in the electrical center under the hood. As you're looking over the fender, its on the far right side, third fuse from the fender. 15 amp.

If not, it might be one of the TBC (BCM) fuses at the left end of the dash.
There are 4 or 5 of them for the various functions associated with the BCM.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rodger that, the dome lights work ok when the door is opened etc. The map/reading lights for both the console and the back do nto work by switch.

Will give it a try in a few minutes. Thanks for the assist.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok,
Thanks to newfydad for the help on this one!!! I do not have a TBC BCM fuse, but I do have lots of TBC fuses. So, I started to pull them all until I found the one that was blown. For my '03, the fuse that controls the cargo light and the interior courtesy lights is the TBC2C fuse. It is hidden between two other fuses and right next to a relay of some sort.

Reactions: duramaxdiesel224

·
Registered
189 Posts
Good, glad you found it.

FYI:
TBC (Truck body computer) = BCM (Body Control Module)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts