Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. So my issue is I'm trying to install a PPE oil pan and I cant remove my stock oil pan because its hitting my crossmember. My truck is a LLY with a Fabteck 6" lift. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
16,315 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
I moved your post over to "Duramax Second Generation: 2004.5-2005 (LLY)" for more appropriate answers to your issue.

Please take a moment to fill out your signature with vehicle info ( Year, Make, and Model ) and list any known mods.
When completed this info will appear with each post you create and will assist the other members when giving you diagnostic or repair advice.

:thumb:

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I cant remove my stock oil pan because its hitting my crossmember.
That’s because you need to remove the cross member bar to replace your pan.
Most of the time there a bugger to get off.
Remove all bolts except for two so you have one on each side of the pan screwded in a bit more then halfway then use a deadblow hammer or a regular hammer with block of wood to knock the pan loose if that doesn't work then pry it open with a flathead or something thin enough to get in between the two surfaces. Good luck.
There are YouTube vidios on how to replace your oil pan gasket and the cross member bar is always in the vidios.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. So my issue is I'm trying to install a PPE oil pan and I cant remove my stock oil pan because its hitting my crossmember. My truck is a LLY with a Fabteck 6" lift. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Four bolts and the cross member will drop and allow you to remove and install the new pan you have to loosen the trans cooler lines as well to get to the bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts