Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to take the dash out of an 05 sierra...anyway almost got it out but i can't figure out how to disconnest this one cable or even figure out what it is?? Its about 6 inches away from the front of the cab going towards the back on the drivers side.. It looks exactly like the parking brake cable... Would appreciate any help!! Thanks alot, Jonathan

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea..was thinking someone might ask that...I'll have to try and get one

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well..I tried but the camera ran out of juice..guess that won't work. I noticed that the cable goes to the left side of the transmission and then connects to something..that i'm not sure how to explain. It's a piece of metal about 3 or 4 inches long and 1 1/2 wide that looks like it might be a acuator or something..

·
Registered
488 Posts
If it is what I am thinking of, I had asked that question to one of my friends while we were working on my 02 K-1500, and he said it was the kickdown cable for the trans.

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
Do I win a prize. It's the transmission gear selector cable. It has always been easiest for me to disconnect it at the transmission first, but IIRC, it's not very hard to disconnect at the column. Should be a press on ball socket for the cable itself, and squeeze tabs for the cable jacket. Now that you know what it is, maybe someone else can help. My memory is rusty.
BTW, an '05 sierra will not have a kick down cable.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
olboy82;1589142; said:
If it is what I am thinking of, I had asked that question to one of my friends while we were working on my 02 K-1500, and he said it was the kickdown cable for the trans.
:lol: :lol2: :funnypost Dude, trans kick down or TV cables haven't been on GM vehicles since the early '90s.

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
heymccall;1589217; said:
Do I win a prize. It's the transmission gear selector cable. .
:exactly: You must be talking about the trans shift cable. Comes off the steering column, goes under the carpet, threw a gromet to the trans on the dr side, to a lever that puts the trans in gear.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rttoys;1589471; said:
:exactly: You must be talking about the trans shift cable. Comes off the steering column, goes under the carpet, threw a gromet to the trans on the dr side, to a lever that puts the trans in gear.
Yea...thats what it was..I finally got it off, sure was quite the problem for me..At least I got it figured out :) Thanks alot guys for the info>>

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Rttoys;1589459; said:
:lol: :lol2: :funnypost Dude, trans kick down or TV cables haven't been on GM vehicles since the early '90s.
:Nothing_f Sherman step into the wayback machine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts