Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you have a lifted truck and still tow a fith wheel or a gooseneck? whats the max size lift can you run? what do you have to do?

·
Registered
668 Posts
ALot of people tow with trucks that have lifts. A goose neck might be fine on a 5th wheel you may have to flip the axles. It depends on the height of the bed of your truck once lifted to the height of the trailer hitch. See people towing all the time 5th wheel toy boxes with lifted trucks.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
ya it just depends on what you want to tow if you look in my gargage that is with a 6" and 35" tures and now with my 37" i still have plenty of clearence but i had the neck raised 4" when i had the trailer built. I used a buddy's trailer that i could of towed on my hitch all the way down and still was able to tow it just had to watch the dips at gas stations

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
i think it depends on each trailer. some are higher than others, and i know alot of goosenecks have adjustable necks, but for 5th wheels there isnt any adjusting but flipping the axles is always an option. i kno alot of guys on here get away with 4-6" lifts and 35s. but if your looking at more than 6" and like 37s you might have to do some measuring or moding to the trailer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I run a 6in. lift with 35's. I had to flip the axles on my 5er to get enough clearance over the bed. Just make sure there is enough clearance between the bed and bottom side of fifth wheel. The trailer salesman will tell you that 4in. is plenty but I rubbed with 6in. so now I have 9.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Did it with a 6" lift no problems. Had to lift the 5th wheel for bed clearance but had no problems pulling it. Check out my garage for some pics.

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts