Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to gain som tire clearance by moving up the bumper and removing the 2" black spacer on my 05' 2500hd. Has anyone done this yet? I looked at it briefly and it doesn't look very easy. It seems to be more involved than drilling some new holes on the frame. It looks like a new bracket would have to be made. Maybe an inch forward would help as well.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wouldn't the tow hooks hit the lower valance when raised? I am replacing the front bumper and valance on my GMC (damn fire hydrant!) real soon and I was planning to look at this while I have everything off so i didn't have to trim the new valance. Bracket mods or a "lift" kit for the bumper might not be that hard.

·
Registered
960 Posts
what size tires do you have?

·
Registered
960 Posts
and do you have aftermarket wheels?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have some new 305/65/17 Pro Comp extreme AT on black H2 wheels. They aren't on the truck yet so I am getting anxious. Ive got longer brackets for the shocks, 1.5" blocks for the back, and T bar keys. I don't want any rub and the GMC bumper is worse than the Chevy for clearance. I like the Tuff Country delux bumper(great clearance), but not it the budget right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts