Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can someone out dyno Nasty Girl?

3K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  bobo 
#1 · (Edited)
How about this.....to settle any disputes, send the strongest 3 or 4 streetable dailey driven trucks down and we will have a shoot out! We will use the same dyno with the same set up and give everyone a fair shot at putting up the #'s. But; by doing this, you are giving Keith and his crew a chance to serve up a can of ......STFU!!!!!!:D I will need to confirm the plan with Danville Performance but I'm sure we can accomadate that.

We could do it two ways, we could load the trucks as we have been or we can probably hold them like the SuperFlow dyno does. I would need to get a plan together will Larry and Mark at Danville Performance but I think it clear up any questions on #'s or BS. I'm sure Dyno Jet would get involved and help validate the runs? What do you guys think?

If you have a valid reason why this can't be done then so be it...but.....if the excuses are lame, then the can of....STFU!....has already been served!;)

I don't think the driving distance would be valid since Keith would be driving 1900 miles!

#27 ·
Dockboy;1560808; said:
It takes just as much tuning, tweaking, and the right combination of parts to run nitrous properly and to it's full extent as it does to optimize an engine on #2 only;)

If it takes just as much tuning and tweaking/combination of parts as #2, why would anyone even run nitrous when its just as easy to tweak it for #2 and not even worry about having to get anything other then diesel?

#28 ·
01Grey2500HD;1560872; said:
If it takes just as much tuning and tweaking/combination of parts as #2, why would anyone even run nitrous when its just as easy to tweak it for #2 and not even worry about having to get anything other then diesel?

Its easier to mount and route a nitrous system than it is a custom turbo, ;). Its also cheaper. I think it takes bigger balls to run a big shot of nitrous than it does a high psi turbo, too. IMO nitrous is just as valid. With nitrous, your just adding more air just like a larger turbo. Who cares how you get there as long as you get there?

DMAXBOB

#29 ·
DMAXBOB;1560963; said:
Its easier to mount and route a nitrous system than it is a custom turbo, ;). Its also cheaper. I think it takes bigger balls to run a big shot of nitrous than it does a high psi turbo, too. IMO nitrous is just as valid.
DMAXBOB
:D BOB:D

Look at the "hit" in HP and Torque when you hit the button!!:eek: Try getting that from a #2 setup!!:p: ):h

#30 ·
Tazman10;1557639; said:
How about this.....to settle any disputes, send the strongest 3 or 4 streetable dailey driven trucks down and we will have a shoot out! We will use the same dyno with the same set up and give everyone a fair shot at putting up the #'s. But; by doing this, you are giving Keith and his crew a chance to serve up a can of ......STFU!!!!!!:D I will need to confirm the plan with Danville Performance but I'm sure we can accomadate that.

We could do it two ways, we could load the trucks as we have been or we can probably hold them like the SuperFlow dyno does. I would need to get a plan together will Larry and Mark at Danville Performance but I think it clear up any questions on #'s or BS. I'm sure Dyno Jet would get involved and help validate the runs? What do you guys think?

If you have a valid reason why this can't be done then so be it...but.....if the excuses are lame, then the can of....STFU!....has already been served!;)

I don't think the driving distance would be valid since Keith would be driving 1900 miles!

STFU does not come in a can meathead:D It's brewed in a cup... get your facts straight darnit!:p:

#31 ·
I think this should be the top street driven(licensed, insured,plated) trucks and when we do the June 1 dyno day then you can bring what ever as long as you bring a trash can and broom to sweep up the pieces.:D Either way I am game to accomedate bot events. I love to dyno, I think I am a junkie now!):h I think it is more risky for you guys with juice than a turbo setup but that is just my opinion. Either way they both can be streetable at this power level. I might just have to build something to compete with if you guys will allow me to enter also.

#33 ·
Tazman10;1558649; said:
We can't allow stacking pulls but we may allow the stacking of stickers.

Tell me you guys wouldn't come out if this event took place?
I'd do pretty much everything in my power to be there if it wasn't to far. (Like this side of Missoui.)

#35 ·
Kyle03D;1562826; said:
The only way to prove who has more power in a street truck is to hook bumpers and try to pull each other backwords
):h

Challange must be made, then the words "hold my beer" to follow, then you hook up.

#36 ·
Dockboy;1560808; said:
If "Anyone" can do it.........then why aren't they??:rolleyes:
Because ruels dictate you cant.

And I agree.....figureing out N2O isnt a cake walk. It also isnt as cheap as it seems in the long run.

Although if you buy one of those "kits" its an easy presto HP......but all the kits I have seen pretty much suck. And whats different in buying a N2O kit and bolting on power compared to buying a turbo kit?

IMO if you put a turbo on your truck, do all the plumbing, pick the turbo.....you got a right to talk about hard work. But if you write a check and bolt on someone elses "kit" with no other work other than pointing at one in the cataloge and writing a check then you cant say crap about "N2O is the easy way out"

#37 ·
Nasty needs to be fixed before it blows up again. I don't think putting it in a dyno event without figuring out why it is puking coolant all over is a very good idea. If it was my truck, I'd leave it sit before something bad happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.