Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what i hear, from the many threads an suncoast of course, it works really well. The ratios are the same as a stock 6 speed and it is much easier to install. In order to bolt a stock 6 speed to my 02 i would have to do some crazy electrical work and ridiculous TCM tuning, both of which I wouldn't trust myself to do. In the end I would spend quite a bit more getting it to work than I wold just buying the kit.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah most likely not. I saw an 06 six speed tranny with an ATS converter in the market place and figured that if it would work, especially if the tranny was modded, why not. I could finagle some funds and snap it up before it was gone. I looked into it and it just wasn't going to work, plus i would still have to beef up the tranny if it did work. In the end it would have just been too much money, still in college, and for now I just can't justify 1900 for an extra overdrive, even if it does help my truck and give a nice cool factor. Right now I have to settle on beefing up my tranny sometime in the near future, I hope, before my tranny gets seriously messed up by my VA. I'm going to wait until i'm more financially stable before dropping the cash on a new trans. I don't want to stretch myself and end up selling my recently modded truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.