Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02' Seirra HD, and the head lights are always on, it's seems like the newer trucks don't do this.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Are you confusing the Daytime running lights with headlights? The DRL's are next to the turn signals. The head lights are the top two.

Jim

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you want to shut off the DRL's just pull the fuse. If it's the headlights and parking lights you are talking about your ambient light sensor in the middle of the dash isn't working right or is covered with something? In mine I push dome light button four times to disable automatic headlights and running lights, it's a 02 Chevy. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I learned the same thing on this fourm, push the dome override button a few times and vualla.... the lights work on the light switch. Do it again and the automatic function is again in charge.

It took me three years to find it out... now I use it alot. I love this forum!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you want to shut off the DRL's just pull the fuse. If it's the headlights and parking lights you are talking about your ambient light sensor in the middle of the dash isn't working right or is covered with something? In mine I push dome light button four times to disable automatic headlights and running lights, it's a 02 Chevy. Hope this helps you.
OK,,,,
1. Do I need to do this everytime I get in the truck or is there a way to make it permanent?.....

2. Will it work if the headlights are already on?

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Either that or your truck is a Canadian truck - then you are SOL

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
OK,,,,
1. Do I need to do this everytime I get in the truck or is there a way to make it permanent?.....

Thanks
Brad

1. if you turn the key off you will have to do it again

2. yes

·
Registered
731 Posts
if your talking about the actual running light beside the orange markers, just pull both bulbs out and you wont have to worry with them any more

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Light over ride

OK,,,,

Thanks
Brad
It works only untill you shut down, then it resets with the next startup. At least thats the way it is with my 02.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im not trying to be a smartass, because a lot of trucks dont come with owners manuals, but when I actually read thru all of mine I learned a lot. It addresses this whole issue. Again, Im not trying to be an ***, so dont kick me too hard! :beerchug: By the way, KTM, how is yours a 301?? Frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts