Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a Tech2 do the updates to the Duramax, or does it have to be the dealer? Can independent mechanics who have a Tech2 get the upgrades? The reason I ask is because me dealer is a prick and I can't get him to do anything.

Thanks,
Justin

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Only if the T2 owner has purchased the Flash kit. Most do not have this kit. The latest deluxe version runs $1500-1700 list as I understand. I just ordered mine so I can graph snapshots and update my T2 software via CD-rom...

See if you can BUY 1/2 hr or so of his labor to have his technician do the programming updates for the ECM and TCM. Shouldn't take long at all. I have numerous dealer connections, but nothing in KY rings a bell. NC is pretty strong though...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Kennedy,

Any connections in TN? I am only about 60 miles from Nashville...

Thanks!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
If it gets cool, you might do well to plug the truck in and see if the SES light will set. This is a false code that requires programming changes.

Ask them to PRINT a copy of what they load. The list might surprise you...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kennedy! It is supposed to get around 17 degrees tonight so I will try plugging it in. What is the explanation of the code that it sets?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Block heater can set fuel temp sensor code.

Have you read my Tech tips on the air box yet?

Quite often it is better to present with symptoms to these guys rather than ask for a "favor" Having a MAF/Boost code and filter minder drawn in may get the results also, BUT be sure there is no hint of filter oil in the box...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts