Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum, I have been reading it for a while and wishing for an 06 lbz. I currently drive a ford but I really want to get back in a chevy. Anyway, I was at a chevy dealership and they said they could chip the truck and bump the hp up to 600 and to as much as 800 if I wanted them to. They said it would not void the warranty and that the engine was capable of it. What do you guys think? I would think that they would have to do a lot more than a chip, I think he was thinking intake and exhaust too. I didnt really get to ask any questions, a salesman I have previously bought from caught me when I was driving through and dreaming of a new truck. I appreciate any info and love this forum, lots of great info on it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
tell us what dealer so i can sell my LBZ and rebuy one from them if they are going to honor the warranty @ 800 horse!!!! SIGN ME UP!!!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hah... Stupid dealers.. I'd love to see their faces when you take them for a ride in a real 600RWHP truck.. They'd crap themselves.. and immediately dishonor the warranty :)

I can't stand that.. Well stock is 350, so we'll add 120 with an edge and 120 with a predator, plus about 50 hp for exhaust, intake, gauges and stickers...

Yep.. That's 640hp allright :lol:

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
OMFG that is the best dealer line I have ever heard. 800HP with warranty.... LOL.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Like i said. I will even take the hit on selling my new LBZ to buy one from that dealer. Tell them they are stoned or you want some of what they are smoking and pass it to all of us!!! LOL !!!

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Im with predatorhummer...point me to this guy.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Brandon Let them go for a ride in your LB7 and see what they have to say..lol i agree they would sh!t them selves

·
Registered
272 Posts
tell them they have a bunch of guys coming to buy new trucks if they are going to do that. He won't be able to keep them in stock!!! They would be the highest selling dealer in the states!!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'll take ten. Honestly I think the most you could imagine out of one of these is around 400hp to maybe 450hp with some seceret stuff. There is just nothing on the market for a .....hang on let me do the math
800Hp
-360HP
440hp<<----chip, that is if we are talkin flywheel/

tell them you want the 30mpg LBZ too

·
Registered
272 Posts
Jazman
Take some pics of that truck!!! plus the sub box. Ever in Albuquerque look me up.

chris

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Predetor....where did you get that Blue Moto 5 inch exhuast with 6 inch tip for your lbz and for how much $$$......i have been driving with my stock exhuast minus the muffler and cat and it looks way too small...help me out :help:

·
Registered
272 Posts
i have a buddy that owns an exhaust shop here in town. but i know you can go to rpmoutlet.com and get it.

where do you live. maybe you can just come to Albuquerque and get-r-done

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am actually in CA.....but i am gonna check out that place right now.....btw:eek:fftopic: but what do u think about this......on 38'' tires.....18'' rims or 16'' i am going with Moto Metal 951 Black on my 06 White Lbz??

·
Registered
102 Posts
And when i look at the RPMOUTLET they dont say the exhaust will work for the LBZ?? Should i call them??

·
Registered
272 Posts
go with the 18's. black would look good.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I would call them. I was told that it is the same exhaust as the LLY with the turbo back. removes the cat. or you can call 505-266-8373 and ask for Eloy. Just tell him that Steve Force sent you and he will know. They call me that since I was on a Top Fuel team building engines. :ro)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sweet....i like the no cat...but does it have a muffler? Cause personally i dont want that either....:ro)

·
Registered
272 Posts
i had to install a muffler with a baffle. it is the same muffler that I had on my Peterbilt when I put straight stacks on it. I guess that you can go without but will get EGR codes. I am getting them as well but am looking into fingers products to kill the light and block off the EGR

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea i get codes now too with my straight pipe but only when i am towing. I am probably going to get the Banks Tuner or Edge when it comes out and look into deleting those codes or blocking them like you are...so i think i will go with 5 inch straight pipe and no cat or muffler.....you get a real deep thoaty sound when you getting on it with that exhaust huh?? and i bet that turbo whistles like a mother...:eek:

·
Registered
272 Posts
my turbo sounds pretty good now. I had the same exhaust on my 2002 LB7 motor and it was loud. this one is pretty quiet. I am amazed on how quiet it is. It sounds like a built big block rather than a diesel. Once I can trick the PCM for the codes, I am going to cut the baffle out of my muffler. I would go with EDGE. I know a guy that worked for banks and they admit there is a problem with EGT temps. They don't tell the public that but it happens.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts