Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a diesel leak and I think it might be causing me to stall sometimes, is this possible?

·
Administrator
20,777 Posts
I have a diesel leak and I think it might be causing me to stall sometimes, is this possible?
Yes...

Any leak in the fuel system means air is replacing the fuel and will stall the engine.
A diesel engine needs a rock-solid, leak-free, fuel system for it to run

Reactions: dieselolds

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,870 Posts
I’d buy a new acdelco fuel manager from rockauto.Problem solved and you’ll have no further worries with it.I was going to buy one of those but decided to use two spin on filters for better filtration.The old fuel heater on the original delco fuel manager from my 96 gmc shorted out so I just decided to toss it altogether.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
229 Posts
On the RA site, and most others, it's cheaper to buy the complete FFM instead of just replacing the sensors......a new FFM (complete with WIF sensor, heater, AND filter) lists for $105. Purchased separately, the heater is $182 and the WIF sensor is around $100, and the filter is 15-20 dollars.......do the math.....FYI

·
Ronald Reagan fan
4,870 Posts
That’s what you need👍

·
Administrator
20,777 Posts

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,284 Posts
If it is a 93, I will replace it.
The new FFM is better built and the old FFM's grommet is usually bad due to age.
It will be leaking from where the cable comes out from the body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts