Diesel Place banner

Camping

425 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackMax Canada 
#1 ·
Well bitches... you to Rob.. I got my camper all cleaned carpet shampooed ready to go. We me and my new lady friend are headed out this weekend for 4 day camping worst part is we don't know where we are headed because everything online is booked solid so we are hoping to show up and be lucky and have a spot somewhere..le So what have you guys been up to and who is camping or ready to go camping. Just letting anyone know i'm off every weekend now so with enough noticed i'd be willing to go camping anywhere.. well hoping to hear from you guys ..

You should all remember P.O.O rules ... just saying white suck dcik

#2 ·
I've set up for seasonal camping at a park this year. Only used it once last year so instead of selling it due to lack of use, hopefully we can use it for shorter getaways now since its close.

It is still mobile if needed, but if a gtg is still in the works, can drive down and stay in a cabin or find something close.

Reactions: Tiny bubbles
#3 · (Edited)
A lot of provincial parks have first-come-first-served site availability for the long weekend, but the key thing is to arrive several HOURS before the gatehouse opens (Seriously, consider 6AM or so) and bring a chair to get in line outside the gatehouse door. The line will form quick and by the time the gatehouse opens usually it's long enough that all the first come first served sites are effectively spoken for.

The people in the line can get cranky, especially those at the end who slowly realize they aren't getting a site, so be prepared for a rough start. Ask me how I know.

Last time we did this we went to Balsam Lake provincial park...we drove up on the Thursday night and boondocked nearby for the night, got up super early and drove to the campground and parked in the gatehouse parking lot - I setup my chair and took a spot in line (and believe it or not there was already 2-3 people in front of me, and 5-10 behind me quickly followed) and my wife made coffee/breakfast in the trailer while I hung out in line. We got in, but not without being part of many heated discussions amongst others in the line/gatehouse. Site options were slim, good thing we had a 5er as otherwise we'd have never got onto the site we got, but that's the price one pays for showing up on the Saturday of a long weekend without reservations.

#4 ·
We are hoping to get there early on Friday morning thing that sucks we are not close to anything so I was thinkning of just going with the pick up if I get a spot come back get the trl .. but that could mean lots of driving around . I'm glad to hear you will still be mobile if need be Kerry.. also does your camp site take weekend campers or is it just seasonal

#7 ·
We are hoping to get there early on Friday morning thing that sucks we are not close to anything so I was thinkning of just going with the pick up if I get a spot come back get the trl .. but that could mean lots of driving around . I'm glad to hear you will still be mobile if need be Kerry.. also does your camp site take weekend campers or is it just seasonal
I think ALL parks (private and provincial) cannot fully book 100%. They MUST leave room for "travelling through". Once the drop-ins take up those lots then it can be said park is full. But like said above, get in line.

So to answer your question Mike, I'd say there is room for weekenders. The place is Vermillion Lake Park - not far from the First Nickel mine road intersection.

#8 ·
You were right Kerry we got a spot at Samuel de champlain park we had a blast weekend went by to fast for us. I will be booking at your park this summer Ker hopefully happy feet does to lol

#9 ·
You were right Kerry we got a spot at Samuel de champlain park we had a blast weekend went by to fast for us. I will be booking at your park this summer Ker hopefully happy feet does to lol
right on! drink a few beerz

#11 ·
#14 ·
seasonal trailers are limited to year 2000 and up. Trailers that are older than 2000 and have been parked there forever are exempt, but if owner terminates the rental and pulls it out, then the year 2000 rule applies to the next rental. Weekenders can have any year trailer they wish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.