Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side camper mirror hangs up and will not extend sometimes, without a little help to get it moving. Sometimes it works Ok for a few times. On another forum I read about a fix by removing the mirror and tightening a clutch. I have looked and looked and can't see how the mirror comes off so you can get to the power drive. Supposedly just release a clip to get to it. I even have the factory service manuals and can't find anything other than replacing the whole mirror assembly. Anybody here done this before?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeh, I recall that same post. I think they said to tilt the mirror up as far as it will go and then you can see the "clip" under the bottom edge of the mirror? Let us know what you find out. It's raining outside, otherwise I'd go out and take a look.

Hmm, maybe something over on PowerVision's Web Site?

·
Registered
444 Posts
I went to extend my mirrors today and my drivers mirror is hanging up. Passenger side works fine, has anyone else had this happen? Or know anything about the clutch that PA24Pilot mentions in his post?
<DIV> </DIV>

·
Registered
341 Posts
Every time mine does it, I can never seem to get to my dealer to show them, and they can't get it to do it when they try, so they won't do anything.... Arrggg!!!

Has there ever been a TSB on this so I can show my dealer?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had the same mirrors from powervision. GM bought the pat. from powervision. I believe you have to tip the mirror all the way down and there is a spot that you insert a screwdriver. Be carefull because the glass just pops out. There are then three torx screws you remove formthe motor assembly and tighten the clutch. Power Vision has a bulliten on this if you call them. I can try to find the one I have if you want to email me.

[email protected]

·
Registered
13 Posts
I puzzled over the removal of the mirror head for an afternoon and finally figured it out. The camper mirror TSB posted in the TSB section is not very clear on the procedure to release the mirror (at least not for me!). I removed the mirror head and removed the gear motor and cover. I then tightened the nut on the clutch spring 1/2 turn and it is extending ok so far.

I also cleaned the nylon surfaces on the top and bottom guide rails. They had grit on them and that probably caused some of the sticking. Grease would seem to worsen this situation so I did not apply any lubricant.

I took a couple of photographs that will hopefully help others.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
SaShot,

Nice post, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts